The Hackspace has a well stocked electronics workbench in the PC Lab, useful for project work, troubleshooting and repair.
The workbench is mostly maintained by Lel.
There is an isolation transformer wired into the main ring, this is for safer diagnostics of live electronics. *WARNING* Do not plug in diagnostic tools / oscilloscope into this as it will make it go pop (earth differential issues). There is a warning on the box not to do this.
The vast majority of components that are in our component supply were donated by a local resident from his late sons collection. If you use something from it, please pay it forward by ordering replacements from aliexpress/eBay or similar on the slow boat, as often this components are very cheap you may end up with many more than you need, please feel free to donate them to the space so we can continue running workshop sessions and increase our component supply.
Space Owned Tools and equipment
- AmScope w/boom stand - 3.5X-90X Trinocular Stereo Microscope
- Huayu Auto Variable Output Transformer Variac 8 Amps AC 2000W Variable
- Plastic Welder
- Weller Soldering Iron
- Desoldering Gun
- Rapid DC Regulated Power Supply
- Hanmatek HM310T Programmeable DC Regulated Power Supply
- Proster VC99 DVM Multimeter
- PYLE DVM PDMT 38 / Multimeter
- AGILENT Uniform 1733C LCR Meter
- HIKA 9090032 DVM / Multimeter
- Owon XDM1041 DVM Desktop Multimeter
- NITECORE i4 LI-ION Cell Charger
- G.T. Power B607 Nicad/LI-ION Cell Charger
- Creative Mini oscilascope DS203
- Fluke 97 Scopemeter
- RIGOL DS1102 Z-E Oscilloscope
- USB Tester UNI-T UT658 Dual
- Toaster Oven - Servrin with BETA Reflow Control Unit for circuit board reflowing.
- Bronson++ MII 1000 Isolation Transformer
- SUNKCO 737G Battery terminal spot welder
- Fengda Eco DF18-2k Mini Air Compressor
- Component Tester
- Component Tester
- FLIR C5 Compact Thermal Camera
- RIGOL DL3021 Programmable DC Load
- Electric Hot Plate Infrared Constant Temperature Preheat PCB Machine
User Lent tools and equipment
- Hotworks station (SteveT)