Essex Hackspace MediaWiki
East Essex Hackspace is a community based workshop, located in Hawkwell, Essex.
We provide metal & wood workshop facilities, a wet lab, a computer lab with an electronics workbench and 3D printers. We also have a dedicated laser room with our Mantech 9060 laser cutter. Finally we have our social space with projector for lectures and workshops.
The space has been provided by Rochford District Council with a lease until October 2027.
Membership and Subscriptions
Lifetime membership is just £5 and enables voting rights.
Subscriptions provide access to the workshops and all funds go to paying bills, consumables and equipment.
- 24/7 access - some restrictions on noisy tools - please remember our local residents!
- Access to excellent workshop facilities
- Input to tool procurement with space funds.
- Free/Reduced software for space machinery including:
- Lightburn Laser Software licence £16pa for use on space laser(Usually $90)
- (Coming soon!) Free access to VCarve Pro for use on space CNC
- Access to fully supported AutoCAD on space computers
- Access to SolidWorks on space computers
If you find yourself using the space and getting real value out of it, you can pay an optional additional contribution which we can, if you are eligible, claim gift aid on increasing your donation by 25%.
How to join & subscribe
If you're not sure, visit us on a Tuesday evening from around 8pm to get a workshop tour/induction & meet some of the members!
Join at http://checkout.eehack.space and pay your £5 lifetime membership
Get an induction (Tuesdays from 8pm!)
Subscribe at http://checkout.eehack.space and setup a £10pcm card payment.
How to get there
There is plenty of parking at the space for cars, the car park is free, but can be locked outside of park sociable hours of 9am to 4:30pm. We have keys for the gate should you get locked in. You are encouraged if you intend to leave later than 10pm to park outside the gates, they are very, very squeeky. Please respect our neighbours!
We have no shower facilities, but we do have a cycle rack. There are very few cycle paths in our part of Essex, but several back roads and a bridle way from Hockley Station. Greater Anglia runs regular services (20 minutes off peak, 10 minutes on peak, 30 minutes at weekends.
The nearest train station is Hockley and is served by Greater Anglia (sometimes even regularly). The station is within walking distance but there is a hill between the space and the station. Last train times:
- HOC to LST Mon-Sat: 23:12, Sun: 23:06
- HOC to SOV Mon-Sat: 01:41, Sun: 01:40
Two Taxi Firms serve Hockley regularly -
- Alpine (01702) 531531 which are based on the london bound station side and
- Andrews (01702) 200200.
- 6090 ManTech Laser
- COVID-19 Policy
- Chemical supply
- Code of Conduct
- Disabled access
- Grievance Procedure
- Guides/Bringing items to the space
- Health and Safety Policy
- Laptops4Kids - Build Process
- List of Unwanted Donations
- Main Page
- Receiving Mail
- Record Power Coronet Herald Wood Turning Lathe
- Reverse Proxy
- Router Table
- SX3 HiTorque Mill
- Site Plan
- Sleeping in Hackspace
- Table Saw
- Things To Do